Pages

Thursday 1 September 2011

Re-use, recycle, re-name

Ever sat there thinking about what to write? Why you don't have a new story idea?

I just sat on my sofa, laptop in front of me, struggling to think of a new story idea. Then it occurred to me; I have a million (OK, slight exaggeration) short stories, short story ideas hanging around either unfinished or rejected. Why has it never occurred to me to make one of these stories fit a market?

I could use on of my rejected stories, re-name it, edit it to fit to another magazines guidelines and then send it off. I could use one of my story ideas and expand on it to fit to a magazine.

Why start from scratch with every story? It doesn't make sense.

From now on I am going to put my unfinished and rejected stories to good use, rather than letting them gather cyber-dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment