Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Blog List

I have spent the last hour or so making a page on my blog for a blog list. I have included all the blogs I read and follow; most of which are from the Creative Writing Support Group and The Writers Bureau.

I have realised that if I help others to get their blogs recognised, they may well do the same for me and I could certainly do with some recognition. Over the last week or so I have neglected my blog, my writing and my course. Now I see that if I really do want this to be a full time career I need to pull my finger out and get working.

I need to apply to more competitions, send off more readers letters, write more short stories and finally get on with starting my novel. However, I have also realised that none of this will be any use to me if I do not promote myself as a writer, so here I am blogging, because let's face it-we all have to start out somewhere.

I never knew how hard it would be to write a novel. I thought I would sit down at my computer every day and within a few months I would have a novel waiting to be sent off to a publisher. How wrong was I?

No comments:

Post a Comment