Pages

Monday 1 August 2011

Learn something new

Today I was supposed to be concentrating on getting Assignment F3 finished for my Writers Bureau course. Instead I was drawn to a blog that had a few posts about self-publishing on the Kindle.

Isn't it weird how sometimes you are drawn to read something and it turns out that it is something of great use to you. That is what happened when I came across these posts.

I have learnt a lot about publishing on the kindle and after getting to work on a few more assignments (to ensure that my fiction writing is up to scratch), getting a few articles/fillers/readers letters sent out and also entering a few competitions I am going concentrate on writing my own novella.

I think I am going to aim at writing 15,000 words. To me that is an achievable target and I think a good length for a hooking story. Although I am not sure about the genre; murder mystery or romance? I know I have a lot of research to do here and I need to get a good plot, fantastic characters and a good opening to my story but I am excited at the prospect of having a chance to become a published writer.

So the saying 'you learn something new every day' is true. I would have never known of how easy it is to get published on the Kindle if it weren't for that blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment