Pages

Saturday 6 August 2011

Busy bee

The last few days I have been quite busy...sending off assignment F3 for the Writers Bureau, sending a short story to a magazine, sending readers letters and writing a short story for a competition.

I am very proud that I have achieved this in the last few days as I have been really struggling to find my passion for writing. I know why I lost my passion; because people told me that being a 'writer' (who hadn't even had anything substantial published) was not a real job. Over the last few days I have realise it is more of a job than anyone who goes to an office, sits there from 9-5 and then comes home. I am working 24/7. I am always on the lookout for ideas, constantly jotting sayings, places, names that might be useful in the future and I am always worrying as to whether I will have a target market for the next piece I am planning in my head. Plus I don't see any 9-5'ers getting up at 3am to jot own an idea they have had whilst nipping to the loo (no offence to any 9-5'ers who don't insult me being a writer).

I have realised that it does not matter what anyone else thinks of my 'job'. I write all day, every day and I have even been paid for some of my work. Therefore I am a writer. Whether they like it or not. So my passion is back with full force and I am really enjoying writing again. Hopefully next week I can enter another competition and get the next assignment out of the way.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly I am really enjoying your blog and the correspondence in the group. I am a bit of a perfectionist who gets stuck on the fine detail and never has 2 projects on the go at once. This is a fault and I need to widen my horizons. You are my inspiration, you seem to be able to do numerous things at once have not got bogged down on getting any one thing perfect but just have a go at lots of things. If you have been paid for writing WELL DONE you are m,ost certainly a writer and anyone who says its not a worthwhile job does not know what they are talking about. Keep it up. Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly :o)

    I am so pleased you have found you "Mojo" again. I look forward to tracking your progress and hearing about all the successes you will have in your career as a writer.

    Your blog is a great example to other writers struggling to find their motivation - I am sure you will inspire many more people with your positive outlook!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete