Pages

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Doubts

Do we all have days when we get out of bed and think I just can't do this? I have had that twice this week; why? Last week I was brimming with confidence; in both my writing and in myself. Yet now I am sat here, tired and irritated because I do not know why I feel this way.

I have been working on my collection of short stories, which was going really well. I wrote 4 short stories in around 7-8 days and have never felt better. However that has come to a stop; I have ideas for the stories, and 3 stories already started but I do not have the attention to detail to finish them. Why? Is it because I am doubting myself? I don't know but I do know that things have to change.

I have tried to put my lack of writing down to writers block, but it can't be that because I do have the ideas and I can sit and write. It's like something inside me saying I can't do it.

I want to write 4 more stories for my collection and as soon as they have been proofed and edited, I want to think about publishing on the Kindle. There has to be something I can do to pick myself up out of this pit of self-doubt so I can get back to that stage where I was enjoying my writing more than anything.

1 comment:

  1. Doubting ourselves is an occupational hazard for writers - sometimes you need to take a step back & have a break. Have a couple of days off and then the ideas will begin to bubble subconsciously & you'll be dying to get back to the keyboard!

    ReplyDelete