Pages

Saturday 10 September 2011

Having support

Support...I don't mean the kind of support you get from an over-priced 'good bra'. I mean the kind of support you get from people, and not just holding you up when you have had a few too many. Does having support from others, be it a family member, a friend or a fellow writer, encourage your writing?

In the last week I have been down in the dumps, seriously. I told my husband I was canceling my application to become self-employed, I told him I was throwing out all of my books and that I wasn't even going to finish my course with the writers bureau. Yes, that's how bad it was.

Then my husband looked at me an said "I believe in you. I know you can do it and I know you will do it. It's just a matter of time and I will support you, no matter how long it takes."

Are those the magic words? Does having the support of someone else make the hard times of writers block worth it? Do those words make you believe you can do it?

It worked for me, I am sat here now after having a total clear out of all my work documents. I have been filing and tidying all day, even came across an idea for a novel I had over 2 years ago. So I guess it just goes to show what you can achieve and are willing to work on when you know someone else believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment